Jeremiah’s grief over his People’s Sin
Now that I got your attention. Let’s see how to read the Word of God. I get miffed when so-called animals say the Bible is racist this do to the fact they do not know how to read much less comprehend the Word. So lets list the scriptures involved;
18 When I would comfort myself against sorrow, my heart is faint in me.
19 Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people because of them that dwell in a far country: Isnot the LORD in Zion? is not her king in her? Why have they provoked me to anger with their graven images, and with strange vanities?
20 The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved.
21 For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me.
22 Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?
Jeremiah was called the ,”Weeping Prophet, he was around the time of the fall of Jerusalem, the first time, and the destruction of the first temple, KIng Solomon, 626 BC to 587 BC. The Jewish people were in exile in the city of Babylon at this time. King Nebuchadnezzar destroyed Jerusalem and the first temple, he is referred to in scripture, as Lucifer; Isa. 14:12
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
- Darkness is always the antithesis of light, nations, refer to Israel and Judah, the two daughters in this case. Judah is the lineage of Christ that we as Gentiles are adopted into.
Vs. 18-When I would comfort myself against sorrow, my heart is faint in me.
- I , myself, and me is referring to Jeremiah but is also referring ,in the spirit, to the present age, the individual that sees the fall in this case America.
Vs. 19- Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people because of them that dwell in a far country: Isnot the LORD in Zion? is not her king in her? Why have they provoked me to anger with their graven images, and with strange vanities?
- The Word of God always reference his daughters, ie Israel and Judah since the word daughter is singular it is talking about Judea. If you look at the Word when King Cyrus let the Jewish people go back to Jerusalem to build the second temple around 587 BC only a few went to Jerusalem the majority stayed in and around Samaria.
- So what is going on here is that the Lord is lamenting that even the daughter of the Father was in cohabitation with the gods and goddesses of Babylon, the biggest one being the , Queen of Heaven, Ishtar,eg the virgin mary, the mother of the gods. The shepherds were leading the people astray from the true God.
Vs. 20–The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved.
- This is judgement coming against the daughter and the shepherds of the people. Sort of like American today. People think they are saved and they are not because they serve Christ and other gods and goddesses at the same time. Harvest is over now comes the horns of judgement.
Vs. 21–For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me.
- The people were led astray by the alters and he laments for he knows that a judgement is coming against the people. Daughter is also a metaphorical image of the church.
- I am black; black is darkness the opposite of the Truth. I called the light and he [man] called the darkness, Gen. 1.
Vs. 22.–Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?
- Def. Balm a fragrant ointment or preparation used to heal or soothe the skin. This truth of the Word.
- Gilead means witness or testimony of God’s .
- No physicians means there is no one that can tell the Truth of the Lord, the altars of the people, the shepherds.
- Then He asks why the health of his daughter of His people are still sick. Why are they still worshipping the gods and goddesses of men, eg, virgin mary.
So when people tell you that the Word is a fairy tale or it is just a bunch of stories this is only because have not been taught how to read the Bible.
To read the Word understand the Word; John 17: 21- 23;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Me is Christ
Thee is your name[ Betty]
Us is the Father, Christ and the Holy Word this is from Genesis 1: 1-2
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
If you notice me is lower case even though it is referring to Christ this is because Christ dwells within you this is the first 7 days of your Creation.
If you look at Gen. 2: 23
And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Woman is uppercase, Adam represents Christ in you in this case. God created you.
To read the Word you have to understand the Hebrew language it is steeped in images and if the altars do not teach you these things, you can call yourself a christian all day long but it does not mean anything. Once you start putting your name in the scriptures and read your Bible then your world will change forever.